Transfer Admissions Process

When you begin your Transfer Counselors will meet with you and make an unofficial credit equivalency audit.  This audit will match your current transfer credits to the Centenary College curriculum.

After your meeting, you know what academic requirements you need to complete your degree. You can then use our credit equivalency audit as a guide for completing courses at your transferring(current) institution.

Application Requirements

  1. A completed Admissions Application and the corresponding application fee.  Choose either:
  2. Official transcripts from ALL colleges attended, mailed from the college or university directly to our Admissions Office
  3. A 250 word essay is required on the topic of "How Centenary Can Help You Achieve Your Educational Goals And Objectives"
  4. Proof of High School graduation, or the equivalent
  5. SAT/ACT Scores
    • Please note: SAT scores and complete high school transcripts are NOT required if:
      • you earned more than 24 credits at your prior institution(s).
      • you are over 24 years of age
  6. Military personnel please click here for additional information.»

Letters of Recommendation

Letters of recommendation are not required, but will strengthen your application and enable the Admissions Committee to make a better determination of the College's ability to meet your academic needs.

To top

File Completion

Once your file is complete, the Admissions Committee will review it and make a decision regarding your admission. 

Accepted students are required to pay the requested deposit. This guarantees your placement and allows you to register for all classes.

At the point when your course work is completed at the transferring institution and a final transcript is received by Centenary College, our Audit Evaluator will conduct an official evaluation of your credits. These will be posted to your Centenary College transcript.

To top

Major Program Requirements

The major you choose may affect whether all of your credits are applied toward your Bachelor's degree. Only courses earned with a C- or better from a regionally or nationally accredited institution are considered transferable.

Art & Design or Graphic Design and Multimedia

Applicants must submit a portfolio for approval. You will be notified of portfolio review dates.

Education Certification Programs

Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher.

Equine Studies Programs

Applicants and free-elective riders must submit a riding placement video for evaluation and assignment into appropriate-level riding classes.

Social Work Program

Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 2.8.  Transfer students who will be entering Centenary College as juniors are encouraged to request an application to the BSW program at the time of application to the college.

To top

Independent Study and Practicum

Students may also receive academic credit through practicum courses, working on campus publications or Little Theater productions. Independent study can also be arranged.

Credit is awarded for scores at or above the “C” level on general exams or specific subject exams through the Advanced Placement Examination Program (AP), the College Level Examination Program (CLEP), or the American College Testing Program (ACT).

To top

Contact Information

Transfer & Part-Time Admissions
(908) 852-1400 ext. 2073

Elyse Clark
Transfer & Part-Time
Enrollment Counselor
(908) 852-1400 ext. 2162

Jennilee Joost
Transfer and Part-Time
Enrollment Counselor
(908) 852-1400 ext. 2259

Admission Deadlines

Early Action

  • Indicate 'Early Action' on either their Common Application or Centenary On-line Application.  
  • All materials are due to the Office of Admissions by November 15th.
  • Admission decisions will be released beginning December 1st.  
  • Early Action is a non-binding agreement.  

For more information on binding versus non-binding agreements visit the College Board website.»


Rolling Admission

  • Available for students applying for the fall semester beginning December 1st.  
  • All applications are evaluated on a rolling basis once all documents have been received.  
  • Decisions are typically released within 7-10 business days.  

To check on the status of your application, please contact the Admissions Office at 1-800-236-8679.