Graduate Studies
Frequently Asked Questions

1. What Masters degree programs are offered?

  • Education
  • Business
  • Counseling
  • Leadership and Public Administration

To top

2. Are there certificate programs if I already have my Masters degree?

Yes, we offer several certificate programs.

  • Student Assistance Coordinator
  • Supervisor Licensure
  • Teacher of Students with Disabilities.

To top

3. What are the Graduate admission requirements?

Please check the specific program of choice to confirm the requirements. A general idea is:

Bachelors Degree, original copy of transcripts
Undergraduate GPA that meets the requirements of program of choice
Personal Statement (program dependent)
References (program dependent)

To top

4. What if my Undergraduate GPA is lower than the required GPA listed?

Centenary will still consider you for Graduate School. We encourage you to apply and will consider each applicant on an individual case by case basis.

To top

5. Are graduate course offered at night?

Yes. Because of the highly demanding schedule that adult students have our Masters programs are offered at night so as to not conflict with normal working hours.

To top

6. How can I finish as soon as possible?

Centenary has developed accelerated and online programs that will enable you to complete your master’s degree in a shorter period of time. Contact us for updates as to when those programs will be starting.

To top

7. Are summer courses offered?

Yes, some courses are offered but the schedule is not released until April of the Spring semester of each year.

To top

8. What courses are being offered?

Courses are listed here on our website or you can contact the Registrar's Office at (toll free) 877-236-4723 or ext. 2214.

To top

9. Is financial aid available for Graduate Studies students?

Yes, student loans are available.  To begin, fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) in order to determine your loan eligibility.

You can contact the Financial Aid department for help at 908-852-1400 ext. 2350 or visit the Financial Aid Website»

To top

10. How many credits are required for financial aid?

You must have at least 6 credits each semester. This also pertains to the summer sessions. Summer sessions one and two are combined and considered a semester. This means that you may take 3 credits in the first session and 3 in the second and still receive financial aid.

To top

11. What is the maximum number of credits I can take each semester?

You are allowed a maximum number of 12 credits per semester. This is due to the fact that courses are only in the evenings Monday thru Thursday.

To top

12. What do I need to do to become a NJ certified teacher and I already have an undergraduate degree?

Please call Elyse Clark at (toll free) 877-236-4723 ext. 2162 to discuss your options to become a certified teacher.

To top