Chapter 33
Post 9/11 GI Bill - Yellow Ribbon

The Post-9/11 GI Bill

The bill provides financial support for education and housing to those with 90 days or more of aggregate service after September 10, 2001 or individuals discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days.  Honorable discharge is required in order to receive benefits under the Post-9/11 GI Bill.  For additional information please visit www.gibill.va.gov. 

First-time Benefit User

Please submit the following forms to our office:For Veterans

  • Copy of Application for VA Education Benefits VA Form 22-1990
  • Copy of DD214 (Member-4)
  • Copy of Certificate of Eligibility (COE)

For Dependents

  • Military member must complete the Transfer of Entitlement Benefit Application first
  • Application for VA Education Benefits VA Form 22-1990e
  • Copy of Certificate of Transfer of Education Benefits

Transfer Students

If you have used benefits at another institution, please submit the following forms to our office:

For Veterans:

  • Copy of Request for Change of Program or Place of Training VA Form 22-1995
  • Copy of DD214 (Member-4)
  • Copy of Certificate of Eligibility (COE)

For Dependents:

  • Copy of Dependents’ Request For Change of Program or Place of Training VA Form 22-5495
  • Copy of Certificate of Eligibility (COE)

Yellow Ribbon

Centenary College is a proud participant in the Yellow Ribbon Program, which makes additional funds available for your education program.  Centenary College currently offers Yellow Ribbon funds to a maximum of 100 undergraduate students and a maximum of 100 graduate students on a first-come, first-served basis if VA has determined your eligibility for the Program.

Eligibility and funding for Yellow Ribbon Program is limited to veterans entitled to the maximum benefit rate (based on service requirements and determined by VA) or their designated transferees.  Active duty service members or their spouses are not eligible for Yellow Ribbon.  However, child transferees of active duty service members may be eligible if the service member is qualified at the 100% rate.  For the complete details of this program, please visit www.gibill.va.gov.

Transfer of Post-9/11 GI Bill Benefits
to Dependents (TEB)

The Post-9/11 GI Bill allows qualified service members to transfer unused benefits to their spouses or dependent children.  

For additional information about this component of the Post-9/11 GI Bill:

Download a PDF here: http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/docs/factsheets/Transferability_Factsheet.pdf

Contact Us

Office of Veteran Services

Margie Pavlichko

Director of Veteran Services
Phone: (908) 852-1400, ext. 2318
Fax: (908) 979-4277

Hours of Operation:

Monday to Friday
8:30am - 4:30pm EST