Satisfactory Academic Progress

Effective Spring 2015

All students must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress as one of the eligibility criteria for financial aid. Below is some general information about SAP. For more detailed information, please view the appropriate Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy above.

Don’t lose your financial aid because you are not making SAP

  • Become familiar with Centenary College's Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
  • Maintain the minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA)
  • Complete the minimum percentage of classes completed
  • Complete your degree within the maximum time frame (i.e. a bachelor's degree must be completed within 192 attempted credit hours)

You can view your attempted and completed credit hours as well as your current cumulative GPA by viewing your academic history through my.Centenary.

You can find more information about academic standing for Centenary College in the Catalog that corresponds with your program at the College on our Course Catalog website.

If you are having difficulty with one or more of your courses, Centenary College offers a number of resources to  help you succeed academically and we expect that you will fully utilize them. These resources include:

Academic Success Center


(908) 852-1400 ext. 2353

Disability Services


(908) 852-1400 ext. 2168

Counseling Services


(908) 852-1400 ext. 2125


If you are not making SAP you are eligible to appeal. The appeals procedure is outlined in the SAP Policy. Be sure to review the SAP policy that matches your status at Centenary College.

Our Federal School Code

002599 - Centenary College, NJ